Golf As a Public Health Panacea – BJSM Podcast
Joining us for this BJSM podcast is the vastly experienced, Dr Roger Hawkes. We chat to him about a wide range of issues, from his role as CMO to the European Golf Tour – where he has built an incredible service, and provided incredible quality of care to the world’s best golfers – to common golfing injuries, and how to assess them.
We also touch on the innovative work being done that is looking into the health benefits of golf, and the challenges of working in such a dynamic, and multi-disciplinary environment. So if you want to get better at assessing & managing the golfers that walk through your clinic door, or want to know more about the benefits of golf (so you can further justify next weekend’s round), look no further!
- Andrew Murray Golf & Health podcast: Bmjpodcasts – Andrew-murray-1
- ETPI twitter account: twitter.com/ETPI_Physiounit
- Golf & Health Infographic: bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/1/20
- The relationships between golf and health: a scoping review: bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/1/12
- Pictorial review of wrist injuries in the elite golfer: bjsm.bmj.com/content/50/17/1053
- Hip morphology in elite golfers: asymmetry between lead and trail hips: bjsm.bmj.com/content/50/17/1081
- The prevalence, variety and impact of wrist problems in elite professional golfers on the European Tour: bjsm.bmj.com/content/47/17/1075